Thursday, August 30, 2007
Kansai Gaidai Pre-Orientation
It's been more than a week since my last post. Seoul was a whole lot of fun. I'll try to put up photos at some point. We arrived on Monday afternoon at Kansai International Airport and drove for about an hour and a half to get to the University. It was funny because half the people were passed out and I was the only one awake. I'm getting up okay everyday. No matter what time I go to bed I manage to wake up around 0700. It may have something to do with this summer at OCS. So far this place has been really amazing. Japanese students are very friendly even if their English is not so great. And most of the times it's not. Put plainly, the Japanese speak very poor English. At many students also speak poor Japanese as well. The Kansai dialects are very different from what we have been learning in Japanese class. It's so strange to be able to smile at random girls and have them smile back. It's like being back home. It's awesome! Korea was tough because the girls there didn't play sports, weren't interested in foreign men, and for the most part weren't always attractive. The girls in Japan are the exact opposite. They play sports, are VERY interested in foreign men, and are EXTREMELY attractive. Pictures will ensue. Anyways, Tomorrow is the Orientation ceremony. My German friend Florian and I are thinking about skipping it to play Judo. I don't know if it will happen. You'll have to find out in the next blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment