So I haven't posted in a long time. I'm really sorry about that. So much has happened in the last 2 and half weeks that I don't even think I'll remember it all. Anyways, I've been living with my host family for the past few weeks and I'm really enjoying it a lot. I'm starting to feel like part of the family almost. I spend a lot of time beating up my host-parents little grandson that comes over with his mom for dinner. This weekend we watched the World Judo Championships in Rio, Brazil. Japan won several medals. Ryoko Tani won Gold in under-48kg division. In style I might add. It was the first time my host family had really watched Judo on TV. Hopefully I've started a trend.
So far I've spent almost $900 here. And I'm really worried that I will overspend. I've realized that most of the money I spend is either on travel or food. So I'm trying to cut down on making impulse buys and eating out. Our meal plan will kick in next week and that should help out a lot. So far I've been to Osaka every weekend I've been here. Sometimes unintentionally. Lol...This weekend was the EISA festival, a celebration of the Okinawan community living in Osaka. We ate lots of interesting foods. I was really surprised that they eat Pavaikka (Goya) in Okinawa. They eat it with pork though whereas back home we don't really eat it with meat. Although that's not exactly a bad idea. I don't think my mom will believe me though. I think from now on I'll try to write more regularly that way I'll be less likely to forget stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment