I just touched down in Japan at Tokyo's Narita International Airport. I tell you this place looks more like a mall than anything else. Armani, Liquor stores, Starbucks. They got everything. And it's true. Starbucks tastes the same no matter what country you're in. 700 Yen will buy you a Tall Caramel Frappuccino and a Cinnamin Bun. That's about 6 dollars. I'm yet to really experience Japanese people. I'm still a little gun-shy about ordering from the noodle shops. I think I'll wait till I get to Osaka.
The flight over here wasn't so bad. I got a seat next to an elderly Korean gentleman who spoke English. We went over the Korean textbook for about an hour. He explained a lot of stuff to me. I feel a little silly studying Korean while I'm in Japan but I have an entire semester to study Japanese. And I'm going to need all the Korean I can get while I'm in Seoul. I'm not sure what to expect from Seoul. My image of Seoul is somewhat of a New York or a Miami or a Los Angeles on steroids. A city that never sleeps and is always open. We'll see if that holds up. Oh well, South Korea Here I Come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment