Tuesday, August 21, 2007

South Korea!

I arrived in South Korea last night at about 21:00. There was a long line at immigration but they didn't give me a hard time because I knew 3 words of Korean. I found out that TSA had been through my bags, those bastards. When I arrived, the staff there thought I was military and asked me if I was returning from leave. I had my OCS shirt on and a fresh high and tight. It's funny looking back on the whole experience. Being a young brown kid, I was kind of expecting to be treated as a terrorist coming here. Instead everybody thought I was a Marine. I don't know which is funnier.
Anyways, Hyeman, Seungwon, and Hyowon met me at the Airport. We took the bus to Hyeman's apartment. And I have to say that his apartment is tiny. His whole apartment could fit in my room back home. Kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and everything. It really makes me think just how good I have it back home and just how good we have it in America. We have space. In Korea there's no space at all. Especially in Seoul. Even a small one bedroom in America still has enough space for a TV, sound system, sofa, extra bed, a desktop computer, and even a few pets. I will never complain about my living conditions for as long as I live.
Right now we're just chilling out at the University. Sung Kyun Kwon. It's so funny because parts of Seoul look like New York City and other parts look like Kochi. For all my malus out there you know what I mean. Where we live, it's like Kochi. Lol, but for some wierd reason even in the middle of a foreign country, it feels like home. The University is so crazy because it's smaller than Elon but has almost twice the number of students. All the buildings are at least 5 stories tall with three or four underground. And it's HOT as HELL! I love this University because all the rooms are air-conditioned. Haha. Anyways, we gotta figure out our plan of attack.


Anyone in the US can call the following number and it will reach me. NO LONG DISTANCE CHARGE!!
Skype Number: (919) 373-4301

I just found out my new phone number for Japan. It should be working in about a week.
If you feel so motivated to call me long distance.

Japanese Cell: 81 90-9921-7949

No comments: