Thursday, September 20, 2007

Honeymoon is starting to end

I've been thinking about OCS a lot. I'm slowing begining to realize all the lessons we learned and how important they are. The ideas of teamwork and hard work are slowly being forgotten. One can even see this in Japan, a country that prides itself on it. I can only begin to worry about how the US will fare in the coming years. A generation of individuals will soon retire and expect its children to take care of them. Unfortunately, this generation is also one of individuals. Perhaps even worse than the last. People don't want to work hard anymore and they certainly don't want to look after anything besides their own skin. Even if we wanted to, this generation is not financially capable of taking care of the Baby Boomers. Perhaps if we were all millionaires but this is not the case. The generation that fought World War II is slowing dying off and their children, who grew up in the greatest country in the world (not necessarily because of their own sacrifices) are the largest income bracket. I wonder if they could go a day without food or water, a roof over their head. Would they be able to walk to work if they had to. Would they even be able to bike there? Hopefully our generation can unspoil itself but I don't see that happening. Anyway, back to Japan.
The hardest part of this place is realizing that I'm here as a student and not a tourist. Coming home everyday I feel exhausted and I can usually study for an hour before I'm falling asleep. I'll have to figure all that out. Japanese has progressively gotten harder. Not because of class but because I'm using it so much. Apparently when you use a language that's foreign to you it makes you really tired. I'm finding this out the hard way. I'm actually really tired right now. Whatever.
And now.........finally! You guys get to see pictures from Korea! Enjoy!

Seoul Day 1 and 2
http://elon.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055627&l=8b631&id=18204859

Seoul Day 3
http://elon.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055729&l=d8de7&id=18204859

Gyeong Beok Palace
http://elon.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2055728&l=784e2&id=18204859

Seoul Day 4
http://elon.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2056042&l=c4633&id=18204859

Seoul Day 5
http://elon.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2056045&l=4acfb&id=18204859

Seoul Day 6 Last Day!!
http://elon.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2056047&l=e3aac&id=18204859

No comments: